Do you know a local hero
We are looking for people who have made a difference, who have run/organised activities or contributed in one way or another to helping people achieve their potential (or overcome an impediment) – more than they could have done by themselves. This could include areas such as:
- Mental health
- Creative activities
but they are not exclusive. If you know of someone involved in another area, then please nominate them.
- Be Unpaid Volunteers
- Be delivering something extraordinary, regularly going beyond the call of duty
- Have a recognised track record in their sphere of activity
- Reside and/or work within the Wakefield Metropolitan District
- Be nominated by an individual or organisation for whom, or with whom, they have been active for an extended period and fulfil the other criteria (above)
- Be of any age (16 or above) and are welcomed from any part of the district and every sector of society
A decision about the number of awards to be made, or categories involved, will be made once the closing date for nominations has been reached. Nominations must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 17 April.
Nominations are now open: